March 2011 Federal Govt Dept successfully upgraded AND relocated.
470 hardware asset refresh including on-site SOE imaging and off-site data-wipe of old systems, followed by whole of IT relocation:
i.e. decommission, removal and transport to another CBD site and re-install over a 2.5 day period.
Performed under highly constrained conditions
- one site still under construction
- goods lift not working in other site!
Stage 1 Refresh –
- 8 site personnel – 2 days
- Image 220 desktops on site
- Decommission 220 complete workstation kits
- HDD, audit, report + return to leasing company
- Deploy complete new workstation kits
- Units all logged on to network
Stage 2 Relocation -
- 15 site personnel – 2 days
- Deinstall and transport to new site
- Reinstall 220 complete workstation environments, specific to individual user location on floor plan
- Including printers & phones
- Remove all excess and obsolete packing material inc foam from site